I had several taste testers for this recipe, and every one of them loved it. They also all said they couldn’t taste the cauliflower! It gives it a great creamy texture (With the help of some cream cheese.) This soup has several steps, but they aren’t hard, and I promise it is worth it because it is so flavorful from the bell peppers, jalapeños and green chills. Also worth it anytime I can sneak extra vegetables in. I hope you love it!
- olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 3z oz carton of chicken broth
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped (or 16 oz bag of frozen)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes and green chills (I used mild rotel.)
- 1 can of white beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your instant pot to the “Sauté” setting, and wait until it says “Hot.” Add olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add your chopped onions, bell peppers, jalapeños and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. (Do not put the lid on when sautéing.)
- Add chicken breasts and broth. Put on lid and seal. Cook on “Poultry” for 30 minutes.
- After cooking and depressurizing, open the pot and use a slotted spoon to spoon out the chicken and most of the veggies. Put chicken and veggies in a bowl or large plate and set aside.
- Add cauliflower to pot, put the lid back on and cook for 5 minutes.While the cauliflower is cooking, shred the chicken.
- After 5 minutes are up, open the pot, turn on the sauté feature and add your cream cheese. Blend the broth, cream cheese and cauliflower with an immersion blender.
- Add all veggies and chicken to the pot, then add your cans of rotel and white beans and all seasoning. Stir together and let it sit on the sauté heat for a few minutes while the flavors blend. Don’t forget to switch it from “sauté” to “warm” or turn off after a few minutes. (Adjust seasonings to your taste! I know some might like more cumin and chili powder.)