These are SO GOOD! If you’ve ever been intimidated by making beans, fear not. These require no soaking and no babysitting. No checking back to add more water…so simple! And, you can totally adjust the spice level to your family’s tastes. I only used 3 jalapeños and it wasn’t too spicy for my kids.
- 16 oz bag dried black-eyed peas
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 3-4 diced jalapeños**
- 1 package of dried Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 “cans” of water using the chicken broth can
**I removed all seeds and membranes so it wouldn’t be too spicy, if you like more kick, leave some seeds.You can even add more jalapeños if you’d like!
- Pour all ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir. Close lid, seal. Cook for 30 minutes. (Press “Bean/Chili”and it should come up as a 30 minute cook time.)
- When 30 minutes are up, manual release, or it can release naturally if you’re not in the room! If you’re busy around the house, you can totally leave this for a while with the lid on, it won’t hurt.
- Serve and enjoy!!!