I love all the quick chicken recipes out there: buffalo chicken, bar b que chicken, or salsa chicken. So easy and quick. But, all of those recipes are kinda “shreddy”….They all shred up for you to put on a potato, tortilla, bun, etc. I wanted to start making more quick chicken recipes that weren’t so shreddy, and thus this recipe was born. Now, this chicken is very tender so if you want to shred it, then by all means…But, I like it served as a whole piece.
I feel silly giving this recipe a name like “greek chicken” … Its really not fancy and the only thing that makes it greek is…
This Greek seasoning is super tasty and is great to add to marinades, chicken, vegetables, soups, etc. It is the star of the show for this super fast recipe. There are two keys things that make this recipe work well: 1. Using super thin chicken breasts or tenderloins. 2. Using butter instead of oil to coat the pan. You can use oil if you wish, but I love butter for this for color and flavor!
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 lbs chicken tenderloins or thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Several good shakes of Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
*Olives, tomatos, feta or any other topping you would like!
- Set your Instant Pot to “Sauté” (You do not add the lid when using “Sauté.”)
- While the pot is heating up, sprinkle both sides of you chicken with greek seasoning. A good thorough, but light coating.
- When the Instant Pot reads “Hot” add your butter and stir around to fully coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add your chicken and let sit and brown for 1-2 minutes. I didn’t even flip my chicken over before cooking. Squeeze lemon juice all over chicken.
- Turn pot off, add lid and seal. Set to cook manually for 8 minutes.
- Depressurize, remove chicken. Add more salt, pepper, lemon or greek seasoning to your tastes!
This chicken is great served over rice or couscous. It is also delicious topped with fresh tomatoes and olives! Or, you can eat it just as is.