(My spring tablecloth is out!!)
This is my favorite soup. Every time I make it I ask myself why I don’t make it more often. It is sooo simple and it tastes amazing. Nothing fancy, just really good.
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 4 stalks of celery finely chopped with leaves
- 5-6 finely chopped carrots
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1 49 oz can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 8 oz microwavable rice pouches (1 wild, 1 white)*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
*I used 1 pouch of Simply Balanced Cultivated Wild Rice from Target and 1 pouch of Uncle Ben’s Jasmine Rice) This comes out to 4 cups of cooked rice. You can sub in 4 cups of any cooked rice you choose. 🙂
- Add chopped vegetables, chicken breasts, cream of mushroom, broth, and all seasonings to the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Add lid, seal and set to cook for 16 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to heat/pressurize.)
- While you’re waiting, follow the directions on the microwavable rice pouches to cook.
- When cooking time on the Instant Pot is finished, depressurize and remove lid. Remove chicken and chop or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken back to the pot. Then add rices and heavy cream and stir. Taste and add salt or pepper as needed. I didn’t find it needed much salt, but I love to add extra pepper to things. 🙂